Guardians of the Galaxy

Guardians of the Galaxy ★★★★★

I am probably not one of the biggest fans of the Marvel universe (and by that I mean Thor, Iron Man etc) so going into THIS one I didn't have a clue how the heck I would like it. Let’s say bar none best Marvel film to date! It’s an action packed thrill ride that has the sci-fi action of Star Wars and the big fight scenes of something like The Avengers.

Clearly one of the best things about this movie is the cast. There isn’t one set main character but instead we get to feel the embrace of each band of misfits. Each cast member gives their characters something to live for. Be in revenge, personal gain or just blowing shit up they’re right on par. The script too works nicely in this giving some of the best one liner any flick could possibly give you. It’s amazing a superhero movie could make me laugh so much.
And ah that sweet, sweet soundtrack. Amazing how each classic song works well into the scene it’s paired with.

There was virtually nothing wrong with this movie. It clocks in at two hours but there’s barely time to pause with everything going on.
A damn blast.