The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight ★★★★★

It’s been way too long since I’ve seen one of my favorite movies. I hadn’t even intended on watching the full thing. I just needed to kill some time in the morning but I got hooked. After I got back home later I couldn’t not finish.

I also haven’t watched this since I really became a huge fan of movies. I noticed just like anything the more you are immersed in a particular activity the more critical you become because of the enhanced contrast of experiencing higher highs and lower lows. The magic is somewhat gone when you inundate yourself all the time. The freshness is gone.

But while I’ve found that it’s harder for me to get “sucked in” to movies in general it also makes the movies you love 10x more special. I’ve gained a whole new level of appreciation for this film and it’s just kind of surreal to me how efficacious it is with all its moving parts. There’s some reality inconsistencies and conveniences that I can nitpick at but it doesn’t bother me at all.

From its iconic characters, to its themes, to its action set-pieces, to one of the most powerful scores ever written, to its incredible ending, to its dialogue, almost every aspect is a highlight. This is a masterpiece, a classic and one of my favorites. Thank you Nolan, Bale, Ledger, etc...

ChristopherLamb liked these reviews