Fun schlocky horror that improves on the first, I appreciate the almost satirical approach to horror and the embracing of the cliches. The first took itself a little too serious and mashed together thriller and horror and diluted the horror for me. Plus I prefer the acting this time around.
- Shaky cam does NOT hide shoddy action or poor choreography.
- Dialogue needs more than exposition dumps every few minutes.
- Why Sci-fi? What was the point?
- Iron Fist had better choreography, there, I said it.
- HOW was this only 85 minutes long, it felt like 3 hours!
It doesn't even qualify as so bad it's good, it doesn't even come close to a fun B-movie, it is just shite on every level.
The visual effects in the film were phenomenal, there was a minute or so at the beginning that felt a little off, but I think that was just me. After that the battle scenes were amazing, in my opinion second to none in comic films, it was as beautiful to watch as the action in say "Edge Of Tomorrow". There was some scenes that seem so flawlessly made that they could easily pull off being real life events. Stand out…