The Witch

The Witch ★★★★

I think in a way The Lighthouse was more.. fun? Am I the only one that had fun watching The Lighthouse? The Witch is a more difficult watch, but grueling and intense.

Anya Taylor Joy is incredible in this!! My god, I’ve liked her in other things but she’s showing off big time in this. A relative unknown at the time, this is an incredible breakout for her. I can’t wait to see her in Edgar Wright’s new movie! They also managed to cast parents that looked like 17th century paintings.

The dialogue was very well written (or pulled from source material as Eggers suggests in the credits). The actors spoke Early Modern English in a way that seemed natural, and real. I’d imagine it would be difficult to speak in such a way, but they spoke it in such a natural way it absorbed you into the world and wasn’t once distracting as it can be in other movies.

I once started this with a friend of mine at 2 AM and I fell asleep pretty early on, so all I remember was the first 15 minutes and the last 2, I’m glad I returned to see what happens in between hahaha.

. . .

Cineflek Podcast now has an Instagram Page! Don’t forget to leave a review on Apple Podcasts! Thank you!

Ethan liked these reviews