Cinema Paradiso

Cinema Paradiso ★★★★½

Cinema Paradiso (also known as Nuovo Cinema Paradiso) perfectly exemplifies why so many of us love & devour films as if they are an integral & essential part of our lives. It exquisitely captures the fascination, excitement & joy we experience when a fictional story unfolds for a few hours in front of our eyes. And this Italian gem is just as nostalgic to every ardent film lover as it is to cinema itself.

Paying tribute to the evolution of movies as well as movie theaters over time, and parodying the existence of censorship that restricts the viewers from experiencing a film the way its creator intended, Cinema Paradiso is a beautifully crafted story of love, loss, friendship & movies, and recounts the childhood of a filmmaker when he fell in love with motion pictures at his village's theater & formed a deep friendship with the theater's projectionist.

Evoking genuine emotions with its heartfelt narration, directed by a passionate film lover who infused a part of his own life into the story, aided by brilliant performances from its entire cast, exquisitely photographed, elegantly edited and featuring a wonderful, soul-stirring & truly heartwarming score from legendary composer Ennio Morricone, Cinema Paradiso is a remarkable work of pure craftsmanship from start to finish that hasn't aged a day.

An absolute delight for all film lovers around the world, this film about films is a splendid reflection of how movies have & will continue to play a subtle role in influencing the smallest decision of our lives. And with its expertly balanced story that promises loads of smiles with few tears along the road, viewers are sure to rediscover why they love cinema so much in the first place. A timeless masterpiece. Delightfully recommended.

CinemaCl🎃wn liked these reviews