Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles ★★★

There is no review for this diary entry. Add a review?

My affinity for these four turtles is what makes any of this watchable. Everything with them is great, everything without them is bad. Megan Fox is painfully bad which was expected going in, and the turtles being her childhood pets was bothersome (what an amazing coincidence). I'm over their increased size even though it kind of contradicts that whole ninja thing, and I can forgive the super shredder tin can. There's so many problems but overall it's like an "Expendables" movie; crappy dialogue, plot wholes galore, but great action. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is dumb fun and with the announcements of Rocksteady, Beebop, and Casey Jones appearing in the sequel my hope is that it can only get better from here. This franchise has a high ceiling but Michael Bay needs to widen the scope. I'd argue that these characters have as strong a rogues gallery as Batman and Spiderman and it'd be a shame if we saw more characters like Eric Sacks. Any Ninja Turtle fan should be optimistic about the future of this reincarnation.

Jameson liked these reviews