The Wolf of Wall Street

The Wolf of Wall Street ★★★★

Honestly, this was one of the most insane films I have ever seen. It was absolutely bat-shit crazy. If this hadn't been in the hands of one of the finest filmmakers of all time, it would have sucked. The pacing wouldn't have worked, the tone couldn't be sustained and the story would have been too much. So thank you Master Scorsese. Without you this wouldn't have been possible.

The film itself is one of the best that has come out this year. Leonardo DiCaprio deserves that long sought after Oscar for this. Yes, I'd give it to him over my beloved Chiwetel. He's that good. Oh, and the rest of the cast is wonderful too. Jonah Hill continues on his quest to being one of the best of his generation and continues to prove me wrong. He's on a hot streak and I have finally caved in. Same goes for Matthew McConaughey, I just love the guy right now. And then there is Margot Robbie. Fellas, this girl is to die for. Honestly though, she's magnificent in her role and went head to head with DiCaprio making it look easy. Can't wait to see her more often.

Also, big shout out to Terrence Winter for writing a screenplay that most wouldn't dare to. I loved every second of it.

Christian liked these reviews