perfect encapsulation of adolescent queerness
Nick Jonas > Jonas Mekas
- sweet angel (presumably)
- can sing, i don’t know how well
- looks great in baseball pants
- he and his wife are a cute couple
- maybe can do a dance?
- i’m gay
- annoying voice (though he doesn’t narrate this)
- dubious editing—very uneven in its successes
- nice shots of water
- uses sped-up motion of people which i unfailingly hate unless it’s meant to be funny which it unilaterally is
case closed!! *eats gavel*
gods & masters, a flawed ideology eroded by a recognition of self in the Other--a surrogate mother saved at last (tears flood in). the axes of knowledge & power, corruption & good break down, an impossible justice rendered unto chaos, spangled across waves of digital smoke and electric heat.
not since Coppola's Youth Without Youth have i felt that a film demands to be rewatched such as this, but like that film as well, BvS aches with an endless sadness running…