Oldboy ★★★★★

South Korea has one of the most versatile film industries worldwide. Whether it be Korean dramas to horror films, South Korea has put out some of the best genre films. Oldboy is no exception, being quite possibly the greatest revenge film of all time. It's a surprise that it took me this long to watch this, as I've heard so much about it and had it recommended by so many people, so it was a treat to finally see what everyone has been talking about. Park Chan-wook is a director that has not failed to surprise me and this may be his best work yet. The Handmaiden and Stoker were amazing films, but Oldboy managed to capture my attention and never lose its grip, keeping me in suspense the entire time, wondering exactly what the next twist is going to be. Oldboy certainly is not a film for everyone, especially with the amount of violence used, but if you can get over that, you're in for one interesting and heart-pounding ride. Oldboy is yet another amazing film from Park Chan-wook and another fantastic film from South Korea.