Moonrise Kingdom ★★★★

Why I watched this one? This was the the Criterion Collection dvd....wanted to listen to the DVD commentary.

What is this one about? A pair of young lovers flee their New England town, which causes a local search party to fan out to find them.

My thoughts on this movie? My review of the actual movie is here. letterboxd.com/cogerson/film/moonrise-kingdom/

My review of the commentary. Which was overall very disappointing.
(1) For some reason Jake Ryan who had a very small part in the movie is hosting....do not think having a 11 year host a commentary was a good idea.
(2) Way too many times they do not talk about Moonrise Kingdom...at one point we have to listed to Jake play the piano.
(3) Throughout the commentary ...they call different people...this is actually the best part...as Bill Murray, Edward Norton, Roman Coppola and Jason Schwartzman actually provide some good information.
(4) Sadly they are not around enough...which leaves Jake and Wes Anderson lots of time to talk about lots of stuff other than Moonrise Kingdom.
Final thought. Movie is worth watching...the DVD commentary is not worth watching.

Ranked 2nd of 62 movies on my Bruce Willis Movie Ranking Page. www.ultimatemovierankings.com/bruce-willis-movies/

Cogerson liked these reviews