Fantastic Mr. Fox

Fantastic Mr. Fox ★★★★★

I saw this on my TV in the background a couple of times and watched a few short clips, but it never interested me enough when I was young to actually watch it since I was a stupid kid. It's been on my watchlist for a while and I was planning on saving it for the perfect mood for waiting as long as I have. It lived up to all expectations I had. The level of detail in this is truly impressive. The fact this is a debut animated film from Wes Anderson and he already put more care and detail into it than the majority of animation films ever made is incredible and shows how versatile he can be. Every second of this and the style screams Wes Anderson. An absolute masterpiece.

I'm positive The Academy watched the very beginning of Up and paused it from there thinking the entire runtime was that amazing because of it being Pixar and voted for it with a Best Picture nomination when they couldn't think of a 10th nominee off the top of their head to act as if they care about animation. That's the only reason I can come up with as to how it won over this fantastic film. I know they don't care about animation, but Wes Anderson made it, so I'm positive they didn't solely vote for whichever one was made by Pixar and that their kids enjoyed without watching them this time around. Unlike with Toy Story 3, Big Hero 6, and Toy Story 4.

Block or Report