Fast & Furious 6

Fast & Furious 6 ★★★½

With this 6th entry in one of Hollywood's most ridiculous and hollow products, they are are truly laughing all the way to the bank. The bigger the budgets get (they keep increasing), the more absurd we get. It's a big fat joke, though, the further this series goes and my audience applauded and hooted at more times than I can count. People love this shit and they got exactly what they wanted this time around. In that sense it is a successful film, delivering the high-octane motion-blur esthetics that have come to define a decade of action films. The humor plays so broad and so ham-fisted but it never becomes quite like parody. Such a thin line Justin Lin is walking here. There is only so much vehicular insanity and catapulting bodies that my eyes and ears can take before they begin to shut down. It almost becomes a wall of noise at the climax. I enjoyed the meat and potatoes 80sness but damn if I wasn't drained and exhausted when it was over, the opposite feeling I should have walking out of an action film.