The Wolf of Wall Street

The Wolf of Wall Street ★★★★★

1. It must be known. The Wolf of Wall Street gets filed under "Comedy". That's it.

2. It's still comical how you could swap Leo's voice doing the narration with Liotta's voice in Goodfellas and they are virtually the same voice. Same cadence, same emphasis, same smarm. Leo would have played Henry Hill in an alternate universe and this is his Hill.

3. This is a paradox, but now more than ever I recognize how so many of these scenes feel over-extended, like Marty contracted lethal Apatowitis and played scenes too long for the improv, but at the same time it is still the fastest three hour film I've ever seen. The montages and transitioning of scenes are like ice cream to me. One word: compulsive.

4. The last time I saw this film, it was the only thing anyone had seen Margot Robbie in. She has become a star since and now looking back it feels like a star-studded affair but she really was an out-of-nowhere newcomer.

5. I am reminded that smiling, charisma Leo is my favorite Leo. Titanic, Catch Me If You Can, Inception, Wolf. Smooth Criminal Leo.

Colin the dude liked these reviews