Copshop

Copshop ★★★½

A fun, highly entertaining and consistently enjoyable single location thriller that felt like it was ripped right out of the 90's in the best possible way. Gerard Butler and Frank Grillo are both really solid and I loved watching them go back and forth. But it's Alexis Louder who's the real star here giving easily the best performance in the movie and making for a pretty badass lead, while Toby Huss is a real scene stealer too. Joe Carnahan does a really good job behind the camera and he helms all the action & builds tension very well. I do think this goes on a little longer than it needs to especially with those tacked on final 5 minutes and one character arc didn't really feel earned to me but this was a really pleasant late in the year surprise. Although not every twist worked, I never really knew where it would go next and that's one of the highest praises I can give a movie like this. If you're a fan of these kind of action thrillers or movies with clear Tarantino inspirations then I'd highly recommend checking out Copshop.

Connor Carey liked these reviews