The Strangers: Prey at Night ★★★½

An improvement over its predecessor in my view. Great to see that the filmmakers for this one didn't use the same exact home invasion basis and turned this sequel into a straight-up slasher flick, which I certainly dig substantially more than the former's modest premise.

The forbidding action starts right away as I had expected it would, and the masked vigilantes this time around are so much more fiercer and relentless as they hack away at a family vacationing at a remote mobile home park. Unlike the prominent couple which made poor decisions after the three killers come at them in the previous entry, the vulnerable family for this film makes distinctly more better-informed choices to defend themselves as the film goes along, and they legitimately fight back against the disguised attackers which undoubtedly made for an accompanying thrilling time collectively.

And of course, the stellar soundtracks that are pulled out right from the 80s, various camera shots throughout that properly made for some noteworthy scenes, and a trickle of worthwhile homage towards other classic horrors are all downright brilliant as it gives the film a certain charm to it in almost every fashion.

Coolnilk liked these reviews