The Predator ★½

An unbearably obnoxious and confused experience from start to finish. Olivia Munn is the only notable highlight because I actually enjoyed her character and she actually gave an incredibly charismatic performance. But most everything else was a mess, especially the script. Seemed like one half of the script was pretty uninteresting exposition and forced callbacks to the original while the other half is what I can only describe as dudebro humor (an actual line in this film was If your mom's vagina were a video game, it would be E for everyone ). And it also pulls an Extremely Loud And Incredibly Close by having a forced child with autism except for the way the disability is presented feels pretty offensive. Nothing about the presentation was even slightly noteworthy, overall sterile and lifeless direction. Even the action scenes were forgettable. By the end, this just left a bad taste in my mouth. At least the original was just goofy beefy campy action and not a test of patience. Without a doubt the worst thing Shane Black has made.

Also having Keegan-Michael Key, someone I loved from Key & Peele, essentially make the same joke over and over for the entire runtime really hurt

37/100