Avengers: Endgame

Avengers: Endgame ★★★★★

“Everybody wants a happy ending. Right? But it doesn't always roll that way. Maybe this time. I'm hoping if you play this back, it's in celebration. I hope families are reunited, I hope we get it back and something like a normal version of the planet has been restored, if there ever was such a thing. God, what a world. Universe, now.”

Blah blah this is one of my favorite movies blah blah I love time travel blah blah perfect ending.

For real though, I’ve waxed poetic about Avengers: Endgame before and I always, always will. Especially after having watched all of the other MCU films in order, the way that they were able to tell such an amazing story and conclude all 22 films and give amazingly satisfying endings to the core Avengers team in just one film is an incredible feat. The emotional heights, the score, the character moments, all masterful.

If I have one (1) gripe, it’s that they explain the alternate timeline type of time travel that the MCU uses in a much more convoluted way than they needed to. It makes absolute perfect sense when Hulk says “traveling to the past doesn’t change your future”, but the next line absolutely muddles it up for people who are actually normal and don’t love and fixate on thinking about fictional time travel like me. I love the form of time travel the MCU uses so much and could genuinely give an entire TED Talk about it, HMU.

Madi liked these reviews