Little Women

Little Women ★★★★½

For what I expected to be most average or overrated film of the year turned out to be one of my favorite 2019 theatrical experiences. Greta Gerwig had most of us enamored by her directorial debut Lady Bird but really hones it in on every level with Little Women. The first 30 minutes or so come off as that average film I was expecting then the film comes into its own remarkably well following that, which then had my eyes leaking for its final hour. The performances all around feel radiant from the smaller role of Chris Cooper which still struck a big heartfelt chord to Saoirse Ronan’s commanding lead that brings it all home. I couldn’t help but to be captured with widened eyes every time Florence Pugh graces the screen. Not to say she steals the show (maybe) but she really makes her presence known every chance she got. If you’re on the fence about this one or showing complete lack of interest I can assure you that a powerful, wittingly comedic, and a gleefully delight of a film awaits to wrap up the end of the decade.

CozyRy liked these reviews