This review may contain spoilers. I can handle the truth.
CrawfordMovies’s review published on Letterboxd:
This review may contain spoilers.
- The Logan take down at the opening was funny.
- Loved the bond style credits.
- Celine Dion’s song is awesome.
- “Directed by: One of the guys who killed the John Wick dog” haha
- Should have been called Untitled Deadpool Sequel
- TJ Miller had a line or two that worked but they should have reworked him altogether.
- Seriously when is Deadpool going to acquire the teleporting device?
- I laughed at “Jared Kushner?”
- Ruth Bader Ginsberg snap shot had me in stitches.
- The choir singing “holy shit holy shit” was hilarious.
- Comic accurate Juggernaut gets a thumbs up from me.
- A lot funnier than the first. There were more jokes that didn’t need references to get a laugh. Although those worked pretty well overall.
- Brad Pitt? That whole thing was bizarre.
- Zazie Beetz slayed.
- Ricky Baker owns.
- Solid motivation for Deadpool, Cable, and Russell.
- The legs gag was fantastic.
- Genuinely great soundtrack. Much better than the first.
- Stan Lee graffiti was adorable.
- I appreciated that the mistreatment of Mutants was a focus in this story. It helps keep the film in line with the other movies even tho they are so wildly different.
- Post credits scene killed me.