Her

Her ★★★★★

Firstly, I'd like to say why I love movies. To me, movies are all about escapism, avoiding the truth or displaying life in a very sugar-coated way; life hits you too hard as it is. And whilst this movie definitely has its fantasy elements, the messages it carries are too real for me. It's a life lesson in movie form. "None of us are the same as we were a moment ago and we shouldn't try to be". That hit me  hard, and all because it somehow taught me so much. We need to keep moving on in life. Otherwise we end up halted, like being stuck in the space between two words of a book; looking back at what we once loved reading but can never experience in the same way again (I am aware I'm paraphrasing the movie but it's just what I got from those lines). We don't know what's left that our life has to offer and often we are scared that it'll never be like what we once felt (or thought we felt), like what Theodore said near the start of the movie; that he feels whatever is left to come in his life will not be new, only a lesser version of what he has already experienced. But that's not important, what is is that we continue moving forwards regardless because you'll never know until you do.

On the outside, this movie was exactly what I thought it would be. But that in no way prepared me for what I learned from it. And I value that lesson.

Cristian_V liked these reviews