No Time to Die

No Time to Die ★★★★½

Grade: 92%
2021 RankedHERE

After an extremely long delay and wavering levels of anticipation, Daniel Craig’s final time playing James Bond is finally here and it’s a fantastic sendoff to a role he’s been playing for fifteen years. No Time to Die follows the trend of odd-numbered Bond films being high quality, this is right on the same level with Casino Royale and Skyfall in my opinion, it’s long but I loved every minute and I don’t think there are many greater ways to say goodbye to, at this point, an iconic character. This might be the best Daniel Craig has been as Bond, he brings an emotional depth to the character that’s been seen in spurts before but never quite like he is here, he’s also at the top of his game with the action scenes. All the usual suspects are great as well but the new additions also stood out, each in their own way. Lashawna Lynch, the new 007, held her own with Craig and although it’s a brief scene, Ana de Armas’ contribution was one of my favourite parts of the film. Rami Malek’s Safin was one of the better villains in the Craig saga, it gives Bond a real threat to stop and it was certainly suitable for such a big finale. This chapter has the perfect balance of heart and action, Bond feels like a real person and that’s what I appreciate about this series of films, the human element is always present but in this one specifically it shows the most, it’s a great addition and by the end credits, I was satisfied with the end of this journey and it was definitely worth the wait. I loved the Bond song as well, the opening credits scene was fantastic and Hans Zimmer’s score was really solid as usual. I’m not sure if it’s because the hype going in was so high but this lived up to my expectations and even surpassed them, I can’t wait to revisit this one and I’m glad Daniel Craig got the sendoff he deserves. No Time to Die is the end of an era, and a worthy end at that, I loved it.

Block or Report