Parasite ★★★★★

Grade: 98%
2019 RankedHERE

Wow, this film is a masterpiece and even with all the praise it’s been getting I couldn’t have imagined how much I was going to love this. Parasite is a brilliantly crafted, intense film with a little bit of everything. It has some very funny comedic moments, mixed with an intriguing plot and sometimes even felt like a heist film. Bong Joon-ho has crafted a film that had me on the edge of my seat with every single twist and turn, it had me captivated until the credits rolled. I was caught off guard several times and didn’t see many things coming, in the best way possible, pretty much everything worked here. The acting is brilliant, each character has something special about them that was fleshed out throughout until the climax which was absolutely fantastic. There was only one thing that I’m still not sure about, without spoiling, but I very well could bring this grade up to perfect if I think on it more. I’m usually not a fan of foreign films, I’ve been pretty closed minded but this might get me to broaden my horizons more, it’s just so freaking good. This is a near-perfect film, one of the best movies I’ve seen this decade and it gets me excited to check out more films from Bong Joon-ho, because this was my first. I can not recommend Parasite enough, it’s funny, heartbreaking and just incredibly entertaining all the way through.

Mitchell liked these reviews