Spider-Man: Far from Home

Spider-Man: Far from Home ★★★★½

Grade: 93%
2019 RankedHERE
MCU RankedHERE

Spider-Man: Far from Home takes some big swings and it connected in a big way for me. After the events of Endgame, I was curious to see how Marvel would continue this universe and what kinds of stories would be told. This film seems to be an end of a simple superhero saga and the start of something much more than what we’ve been given so far. I loved almost everything about this film, Tom Holland is a brilliant Peter Parker and his performance is fantastic here, better than ever. Jake Gyllenhaal as Mysterio steals this film in many ways, the direction the character takes is something I never expected and I love how they handled it. I also really enjoyed the plot lines focusing on Peter and MJ, I think it fit in well and was interwoven brilliantly with the grand scheme of the movie. Any negatives I have would be smaller nitpicks, there were some scenes I wish would’ve been more fleshed out but I was mesmerized from start to finish, those after credit scenes have me waiting impatiently to see the next chapters in this MCU and I’m thinking now more than ever that the powers that be will pull it off. It’s a fantastic superhero movie that somehow manages to feel grand in scale as well as a smaller coming of age film all wrapped into one, the future is looking bright for Spider-Man’s story and I’m all aboard the hype train.

Mitchell liked these reviews