The Strangers: Prey at Night ★★★★½

This is exactly what I wanted a Strangers sequel to be. Instead of a home invasion, here we have a straight up slasher flick. The trailer park setting is original and fantastic. In this day and age where horror films are littered with unlikable characters, this movie has a family you can actually root for! I thought the actors did well and really didn't want them to die. The synth soundtrack was awesome. I fucking LOVED the use of 80's pop songs throughout. Seriously, there's a scene that incorporates Total Eclipse of the Heart that's iconic as hell. There are some cool homages to classics like Christine (amazing), The Fog, and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I thought it was shot better than the first. There are a ton of power shots and tasty zooms. The movie wastes no time getting to the action, which I appreciated. There's only one thing I didn't like and I had to knock off a whole point because of it. There's one scene where one of the characters makes one of the absolute dumbest decisions you can make in a horror film. It rivals the shotgun bullshit from the first Strangers movie. Other than that, I think it's flawless.

I give it 9 clichéd worthless cops out of 10.

Cropsy liked these reviews