The Last Black Man in San Francisco

The Last Black Man in San Francisco

One of the most emotionally compelling, beautifully shot, and masterfully performed films of this past year. Every frame is washed in gorgeous golden rays of light that, coupled with the warm and moving score by Emile Mosseri, makes for a viewing experience that is visually and aurally stimulating in the best ways imaginable.

Jimmie Fails is a fantastic actor but Jonathan Majors gives one of my favorite performances of the last few years as the lovably quirky Mont. Jimmie and Joe Talbot come together to tell this deeply personal and profound story and they do it with so much style and charm.

I’ve reviewed this movie on the platform a couple of times and it’s quickly become one of my all time favorites. I wish it got more awards attention but I understand that it’s a smaller film with a lot of talent that is new to the game, and if anything it just gives me hope that these guys will continue working together and make more films that more people will see. If you haven’t seen this movie, it’s streaming on Prime Video and well worth your time.

Daniel liked these reviews