Ready or Not

Ready or Not ★★★½

I'm not usually into the whole horror/thriller vibe but the trailer for this played before a screening of It Chapter 2 (the only other recent horror I've seen) and it has lived in my head rent free since!

Samara Weaving invented acting and is so awesome in this! She needs more lead roles ASAP!!
Did Alex ever consider just....not letting them get married at the family home? In saying that it served as a LOVELY venue so I can't hold it against him.

The filter/lighting took a while to get used to but was pretty awesome and really complimented the whole aesthetic and vibe of the film. Grace looked so epic with the tattered wedding gown, yellow converse and the ammunition belt to tie up the lewk! Fashion inspo!! Cruella is quivering in her boots. Her will to live after everything she went through
... Bestie is RESILIENT. She's so epic throughout the movie but uncontestedly badass in the finale. The plot twist and writing toward the end especially popped OFF!!

Definitely more thriller than horror and I'm very okay with that. I liked that it didn't try to reason or justify the silly aspects of the plot and instead just let them be silly. I guess the moral of the story is for me to stop romanticising and manifesting rich in-laws.

Dan liked these reviews