Mulholland Drive

Mulholland Drive ★★★★

That's right, two times in four days. I don't do that often, but I guess this is the kind of movie you do that with. I figured the instant rewatch would help me understand what Mulholland Drive was all about. Well, it's safe to say it did not.

It's a strange feeling I'm left with. I felt empty, and almost disappointed that I didn't come out the other end of the fog with an answer. But I've since come to terms with knowing I was never supposed to. This is the dream sequence in the middle of another movie, but this time the dream sequence is the movie. It's hard to pin-point what Mulholland Drive is about, but maybe it's about losing a sense of what's important. Who am I? What makes me me and you you? What if I was you and you were me, and we both knew it? What if we both sensed we were each other?

You see, I can't help you out with a sensible review, because it's not a sensible movie. I was feeling a bit doubtful that I would ever like a David Lynch film, and I still don't know if I liked it - I just know it was an experience like no other, an I'd step back into the fog without hesitation.

You Pick, I Watch