The Lone Ranger

The Lone Ranger ★★★

The Lone Ranger or as some of you may know it as, The Long Ranger is actually quite a lot of fun. Fair enough fuck the budget and that side of things but it is quite unfair to judge a film based on how much it cost. Although I still detest any film that would ever require so much money to make it. Be aware though as you watch this film you will see a money counter quickly counting each million as it is spent.

Other than those concerns, the actual film although too long and providing an odd way of telling the actual story is fun enough to keep entertained for most of it. Sure, there are odd blotches where it might feel bloated and too long but the exciting action for me more than makes up for it. I mean, did you see that fucking train action? WOO!

Johnny Depp's portrayal as a Comanche isn't particularly spectacular but he has clearly given his best effort which is commendable, him and Armie Hammer although generally good are never spectacular, like the film.

Believe it or not, The Lone Ranger isn't the shit fest I expected it to be, it's neither great nor terrible but it's at least good in parts and 2 and a bit hours of this in the cinema (Excellent score by the way) is way better than sitting at home wrestling my cat.

Danny liked these reviews