The Voyeurs

The Voyeurs ★★½

I'm new to the Sydney Sweeney hype train. This is actually the first project of hers I've watched knowing who she was. But apparently she's being hailed as one of the sexiest women in show business and here she is starring in an erotic thriller on Amazon Prime. I think Sydney Sweeney is more popular because of her looks than her acting chops, but after watching this and the one season series "Everything Sucks!" on Netflix back-to-back, I think she deserves  some respect for the latter. Her roles in the two projects are wildly different and her character arc in the Netflix series is pretty damn impressive.

But this is about The Voyeurs. I guess I enjoyed it? It's not smarter than the average erotic thriller or anything and it gets completely outrageous in the last act - to the point where you will almost certainly be rolling your eyes - but it was plenty entertaining. I think it would be fair to call it trashy and even a bit insulting at times. Fans of Sydney Sweeney will not be disappointed though.

5/10 (Decent)