The Batman

The Batman ★★★★★

For the past 2 days, I have struggled to formulate my thoughts on this film. Trying to say something that is truely worthy of the quality of this movie, but I've realised I can't. For me, it's not the type of film that I can simply give my thoughts on. I simply have to vent.

THE BATMAN is... quite possible the best thing I have ever watched. It's my favourite batman film, my favourite comic book film, and is starting to become one of if not my single favourite film ever made.

I have NEVER! in my life, been so emotionally involved and immersed with a movie as I was with this one. The world that reeves created is one I never wanted to leave, and he's created a batman that I absolutely adore. Robert Pattinson is my favourite on screen batman in any media. With his first line I was sat there, genuinely shaking. By the end of his first monologue, I was on the verge of tears. Knowing that reeves fully understood this world, this environment and most importantly he had done something few filmmakers had managed to achieve. He understood batman...

Robert Pattinson understands batman, delivering what is in my opinion an Oscar worthy performance. Obviously delivering on the action, but serving up what is the single greatest potrayal of my favourite character in fiction. A fragile, young, timid bruce. Who under the it all is someone who cares about people, who loves people and wants to help them out of his love for them above all else. And he conveys that in what is my favourite scene ever with Bruce Wayne just shy of the third act. A beautiful, emotionally charge admission of love... Something I've wanted in a Batman film for a very long time

Greg Fraser shoots what is the greatest version of Gotham on screen. An absolute hell hole that I loved being able to inhabit for 3 hours. A shithole that showed such promise, Fraser shows the beauty in Gotham, in it's architecture, and somehow... It's people. The city and the people that live in it are two different character, but also the same. I'm baffled how that was achieved.

All of the supporting cast are phenomenal. My favourite interpretations of these characters, especially Zoë & Jeffrey as Selina and Gordon.

By the end of this movie, I was enamoured with all it had to offer. Knowing that this was, is, and will be for a long time... The single greatest Batman story I had ever witnessed in live action.

On a more personal note, in the years that this film has been made. I've had a rough go of it. I've had alot of ups and downs whether it's with friends, or my mental health, or losing people I know. It's not been easy, but this movie kept me going. Everytime I saw something from this movie it made me feel alive, happy, hopeful... It gave me something to look forward to, to hold onto.

And as I lifelong batman fan, I walked out of this film with my head held high. Feeling as if all the hardship, all the shit that I put up with, and in a sense continue to deal with. Was worth it. As I write this, im in tears. Extremely grateful that I've gotten to witness what is to me... A masterpiece.
Proud that I got myself here, and hopeful for this iteration of Batman. And hopeful for myself, this film has had what can only be described as a profound emotional impact on me. One that I feel will stick with me for a very very long time

Matt Reeves, Robert Pattinson, Zoë Kravitz, Jeffrey Wright, Colin Farrell, John Turturro, Paul Dano. Thank you for making this film, you have no idea how much it means to me. You have truely made this lifelong, diehard Batman fan... Truely proud to be that. The Batman is a masterpiece, and the most emotional experience I've had in the past 5 years. You did me and so many others proud, and that is a debt I can never repay. So I thank you.

You have made THE perfect Batman movie ♥️♥️♥️