Army of the Dead

Army of the Dead ★★★★

Quality: B
Entertainment: 85%

✅ 78%

Yeah... Snyder went hard on this one.

It’s definitely one of the most fun and exciting Snyder films, while still obtaining his unique and powerful style. As to be expected from a Snyder film, it looks gorgeous and the visual effects is top-notch. The film combines two genres into this unique, inventive premise that just absolutely worked for me. With films like this, involving a crew, you would expect some duds in there in terms of characters. That’s not the case with this one. Every character is charismatic and just really entertaining. The entire cast is great and Dave Bautista is the best he’s ever been, successfully showcasing more of his range here.

The humour works very well, and maybe there are a few lines here and there that don’t really work... but for the most part, it’s really good. The action is exciting and exceptional, and I have no quarrels with the pacing of the film. It packs so much into its 150 runtime that I feel like it more than earns it. Even the set-up is pulled off in an incredibly entertaining way. The film is just an increíble joyous watch. It’s a blast of a time and is a great kickstarter to this unique franchise.

darshankumar liked these reviews