The Maze Runner

The Maze Runner ★★★½

Subscribe to Darth Otter Movie Reviews on Youtube for the review, or continue reading. Your call.

Maze runner is a pretty interesting movie, if you haven’t read the book, like me. The performances are all okay, everyone does their part well. They all bounce off each other in their own unique way. Gally, though is a bit weird, like I understand where he’s coming from but you think after, I think years in the maze, you would be open to new methods and or ideas of how to beat or get out the maze. I thought that was a little odd.

The sequence when Thomas is running away from a griever is really thrilling and exciting. You’re on the edge of your seat whenever someone enters the maze. The scene when all the walls are turning is very well done.

The moment when Chuck and Thomas are interacting about their parents is a nice little moment and makes you feel a bit emotional when he meets his end.

This movie does a great job with building suspense. It never leads on too much and the maze feels surreal.

Another thing this movie does well is making you fear the grievers.

Overall it’s a pretty decent movie. And you never really know what’s going to happen next, unless you’ve read the book. The Maze Runner is, in my opinion, a 6/10.

6/10