Ready Player One

Ready Player One ★★★★★

This film kicks so much ass. I absolutely love it.

With all these crazy blockbuster films coming out, it’s good to see one come out and fully embrace the insanity, and you definitely needed Spielberg to accomplish such a thing. This movie is so much damn fun. It brings in all the things nerds love about pop culture into one cohesive narrative that never slows down the action and keeps it fun the entire time.

Have I mentioned that this movie is FUN??? Holy shit I’ve seen this thing twice and was giddy as hell both times, maybe even more the second time because I knew what was coming and was able to focus more on the barrage of Easter eggs.

I seriously love this movie so much. The characters are so lovable and I found myself relating to most of them or knowing friends that are just like most of the characters. The only thing I wish they fleshed out more was the villain. He was necessary for the plot but he was just such a one-note kind of character. Luckily TJ Miller was there for comedic relief with his evil plotting scenes but overall I DONT CARE, I love this film so fucking much UGH.

If you haven’t seen this movie yet and love scifi/fantasy and the 80’s and video games WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM?? Go have some fun and watch this movie. It’s gonna definitely be in my top 10 or even top 5 favorite films of this year. 10/10

Blake Swihart liked this review