Tenet ★★★

Tenet has a lot to be commended for, it’s tight, the practical effects work great, visually appealing, a great cast and last but not least a pretty great concept. The only question is does Nolan capitalise on this concept?

Well, kind of...

Tenet suffers from wanting to have its time bending cake and eat it too. In a lot of ways it feels bloated, convoluted and a bit like the product of the “complex” Christopher Nolan circle jerk that’s been going on since the release of Inception.

But, with all that being said I still had a blast. This is by far Nolan’s most ambitious and puzzling film to date, the best way I can put it is that this movie is as confusing as people pretend that Inception is. The action scenes are tight and fast paced, it has some really cool twists and turns, John David Washington and Robert Pattinson are great in their central yet  under characterised roles  and the Russian antagonist is delightfully cheesy.

I can’t say this is peak Nolan and I’m not too sure I’m in any rush to go out and see it again but if James Bond combined with the most time bending acid trip you’ve ever had sounds like a good time then you’ll probably enjoy it..