The Mitchells vs. The Machines

The Mitchells vs. The Machines ★★★★

I finally watched The Mitchells vs The Machines with my son and wife and we all had such a great time, especially kiddo. It's just as delightful and heartwarming as everyone's been telling me, particularly friends recommending a great flick to share with my four year old. In fact, I'd say this is on par with or better than anything Pixar has dropped in the last several years. Not surprising, coming from the team who made the incredible Into the Spiderverse, which is uncoincidentally my son's absolute favorite movie.

I'm deferring a proper review however until I watch it again with him, because sometimes movie night with the family means I'm still making food, folding clothes, and doing other chores while we fit a movie in before kiddo's bedtime, so my viewing has a handful of gaps. Plus it was so fun I'm excited to rewatch with the boy and absorb even more of it. Also, it's my birthday and my wife just got me volume 2 of Saga, my favorite ongoing comic, and I think I'm going to spend the rest of my morning reading it with some new music playing.

So, happy Friday everybody, I hope you catch some good movies today! <3