Avengers: Endgame

Avengers: Endgame ★★★★★

MCU Ranked

“That really is America’s Ass,”

Still my favourite MCU movie, it’s an utter crowd and comic book fan pleaser, but it also takes its time and allows a fair few emotional character beats through the action. The Russos once again manage to pull it all together in fantastic fashion. For every moment of fan service, there’s a smaller character beat, which for me pushes this to the top of Marvel movies. The entire final battle is fan pleasing completely, but done in the right way.

Every member of the huge ensemble cast works. There’s some really great character dynamics in the smaller team up moments, and obviously a brilliant end sequence with them all together. I think that especially Downey jr and Chris Evans, they’re the heart of the story, the fulcrum of this entire saga. They probably give their best performances as their characters here, emotionally charged and a great send off.

I think the plot works completely, it’s kind of three separate acts that all come together at the end in a grand finale and emotional pay off, that’s at once worthy for the franchise as a whole. It’s a perfect bookend for this entire saga and a fair few of its characters, that I hope the MCU stock with, and don’t try to recreate in the same way again.

Dan liked these reviews