Spider-Man: Far from Home

Spider-Man: Far from Home ★★★★★

Spider-Man Far From Home is close to perfect. Need I say more? I do? Well alright!

This review will be divided into two parts: a spoiler-free first half and a spoiler-filled. I’ll make it very clear when I am about to get into spoilers.

Where to start? Let’s start with the titular character, Spider-Man. Now, I’ve been a fan of this iteration of tinge character ever since his Civil War trailer 2 appearance, but I’ve got to say, this is MCU Spider-Man at his best! He is more mature in this movie, he’s starting to really feel the weight of being Spider-Man, and he’s becoming a better, more skilled Spider-Man. He’s still joking around, as Spider-Man should, but he also doesn’t want to have to save the world. It’s nice to see Spider-Man act as a small scale hero!

Mysterio was amazing. Jake Gyllenhaal absolutely KILLS it in the role! Without giving too much away (yet), the way the movie handles his “powers” is visually amazing! The way he uses his illusions leads to some awesome sequences, some of the best in the MCU in my opinion.

Speaking of awesome sequences, this movie has some AMAZING action. This was an aspect of Homecoming some people didn’t like, but this movie fixes that completely. In fact, while watching this movie, I noticed that they fixed a lot of the problems people had with this iteration of Spider-Man. The action is much better, the CGI is beautiful, he becomes a more mature Spider-Man, and so on.

I don’t know how much more I can say without delving into spoilers, so I’m going to close the spoiler free section out with a rating out of 10 and some final thoughts. Spider-Man Far From Home is a fun, emotional, all around crazy movie and, in my opinion, the best Spider-Man film to date. While some may think the beginning is slow, which I can understand, I enjoyed this movie a lot from beginning to end and I would highly recommend seeing it as soon as possible. Just an FYI, you NEED to stay throughout big credit scenes. They are both incredibly important for the future of not only Spider-Man, but the MCU as a whole moving forward. 9.9/10 (I don’t give things 10/10 often, so this is pretty good!)

From this point on I will not be holding back any spoilers, so if you haven’t seen the movie, do not read past this point! You have been warned.

You still here? Great!

I need a sequel to this as soon as possible! That mid-credit scene was insane! It was a welcome surprise to see Jameson (player perfectly once again by J K Simmons), though I had been spoiled for that before going in. But the craziest part of the movie, by far, was the identity reveal at the end of the scene! My jaw dropped to the floor after that. Anyway, let’s talk specifics about the movie in general!

The way they handled Mysterio’s twist was awesome. I loved his character. I liked the way they worked his illusion technology into the MCU. Using drones to create the illusions from the inside was a great idea and it lead to an awesome sequence inside the elemental.

The way Peter used his powers and tech was awesome. There were so many creative webbing sequences and the action in this movie was top notch, especially the scene in the bridge with the spider sense. This definitely shuts down the argument as to if he has spider sense or not. The real MVP of scenes in this movie has to be the illusion scene. The way Mysterio uses everything Peter told him to come back and haunt him, only to lead him to the train tracks at just the right time was brilliant. That was one of the most comic book-y scene in a comic book movie I’ve ever seen.

I’m sure I could go on and on talking about this movie, but I think that’s enough for now! I’m sure I could edit this review if I think of anything I forgot. If you read this whole thing, thank you!

DiamondSpider liked these reviews