Tenet

Tenet ★★★½

"Tenet" is a fascinating film. There are a lot of things to admire about it from a visual stand point; some of the practical effects and action sequences are so impressive. The performances across the board are very good; Elizabeth Debicki probably giving out the best performance IMO. It's a very fast paced film with lots of energy; there is never a dull moment and you always feel as if something is going to happen. With that being said, this is a film that is a lot to digest. I have heard that it was very complex, but I wasn't exactly prepared in how complex it was going to be. Did I understand everything? Definitely not, but it's a film that can probably benefit from multiple viewings to have a better understanding. I find the choice of having hardly any character development rather odd. It's a technique that was used/criticized in "Dunkirk", but I understood why Nolan did that for that movie. I definitely like this film but need more time to process.

I struggled with a rating to give. Keep in mind it is very likely that the rating could change on a second viewing. In any case, it felt great to be back at the movie theaters after almost six months!

Diego Coya liked these reviews