The one where Neil Breen is a messianic vagrant Skynet, gathering loose drifts of empty cans & plastics and stockpiling 300 million human bodies for his post-Judgment Day skullscape to come.
my top 5 most wanted horror vs horror movies
5. Rumpelstiltskin vs The VVitch
4. Candyman vs Francis Ford Coppola's Bram Stoker's Dracula (must have this exact title)
3. Gremlins vs Ghoulies vs Beasties vs Critters vs the gnome from Cat's Eye vs The Pit vs The Brood
2. Don't Look Now vs God Told Me To
1. Maximum Overdrive vs Tremors
This wiped me out. Unsparing, so the elderly aren't magical lessons, but whole & broken, deteriorating people, for whom aging is agency & desire dwindled to the immaterial & unrealized, and these needs are ever-immediate, not receding, not unstuck & out of time. And it's so outrageously funny--Sawa bundles old men into her mercenary care arrangements with flurries of confusion & threats & blackmail. But she's a vital reciprocating presence in lives that have gone without, and out of her strong arm initiations comes this rough…