La La Land

La La Land ★★★★½

The best film since 2016 and the most magical film of all last decade.

I always have the feeling that talking about your favorite movies is the hardest, I can go on forever how absolutely perfect the visuals are. Colorful, magical and unique. The Planetarium scene has no dialogue, just visuals (like actually 1/3 of the film, if you actually think about it) and just let’s the music speak. This film understands perfectly that you can tell a story without any dialogue.

The editing, holy shit, you saw those transition scenes with the fast moving camera during those music scenes? It’s absolutely fantastic and Damien Chazelle’s style of camera movement can also be seen in his previous film Whiplash. It’s so unique and it’s such a blast to watch these transitions that give La La Land such an unique pacing and flow.

Umm and yeah the ending montage might be my favorite scene in any film. Every shot is genuinely a work of art, it’s just...ugh...so perfect.

Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling are absolutely phenomenal in this and they have such a natural chemistry. Emma Stone, especially is absolutely fantastic. She deserves the Oscar and you can’t convince me otherwise. Also I can’t imagine that both roles were originally planned for Miles Teller and Emma Watson, good god I don’t even wanna think about that.

La La Land is one of my favorite movies, one of my favorite musicals and such a wonderful love-letter to movies, jazz and the people who dream, which is the reason why this film will always be so special for me

DIREKTIONZ liked these reviews