Ritual

Ritual ★★★★★

I had a good time rewatching and analyzing this film with my ex friend. And I'm glad we did because we managed to find and talk about some more details in the film. This is like my 4th watch and it's still very beautiful and emotional.

Everything from the production design, Lighting, cinematography, colors, performances and writing help make this an unforgettable experience. It's one of the most beautifully made films I've ever seen and i hope more people see it. I can't really describe the experience in full detail but it feels melancholic and somewhat dreamlike. The relationship between the two main characters feels so genuine it almost felt like I was one of the characters experiencing this relationship happen. The soundtrack also added alot to the film and made it feel almost nostalgic. Everything on screen is so detailed and it's world and atmosphere is calming yet also very melancholic. It feels very personal and it deals with themes such as loneliness and depression which i can relate to, but the way this film portrays this is very creative, unique and original. Which is one of, if not my favorite thing about this film.

It's not flawless but its a film I'll never forget and this definitely won't be the last time I'm waching. Even with some minor things i disliked i can't give this anything less than a 10/10.

Jane Vivian liked these reviews