Guardians of the Galaxy

Guardians of the Galaxy ★★★★½

(That date's just my first time seeing it. I saw it three more times. I couldn't let this go unreviewed though.)

Some of us look for everything bad in a movie, so pre-occupied with picking out every last negative that it disturbs the actual moviegoing experience. We tend to forget that it's a form of entertainment. That, sometimes, all a movie needs is to be fun.

That's what this is. A gotdamned blast from start-to-finish. A movie that only takes itself seriously when necessary. A movie that has a gun-toting smartass raccoon and a Vin Diesel-voiced tree as essential characters. Why? Because fuck it, it can.

There's not too much else I can say that thousands of other people haven't. Most of the performances were great. The action was well-shot and looked 'realistic' enough. It was hilarious, it was thrilling, it flowed really well, it made me HAPPY dammit.

I might as well point out the negatives. I couldn't really get into Nebula. Drax seemed under-used. I knew what was the present about ten minutes in. You know what though? None of this matters because I had a smile on my face almost the whole way through. I haven't had this much fun watching a movie since Grand Budapest. If you haven't seen this, then are you kidding me? Go. ASAP.

Matt liked these reviews