The Informant! ★★★½

I basically knew nothing about this film going in, and was pleasantly surprised. (Paul F. Tompkins has some stand-up material about his part in this production, but that's basically all I'd heard.) This is a fun but unremarkable film about a crazy story that I certainly won't ruin here, but suffice it to say that it's a lot more interesting than "agribusiness and conspiracy".

I felt a little talked-down-to with all the old-timey circus music reminding us that all is not what it seems. I think Soderbergh really has something here, but it's like I can't watch a movie these days without having the feeling that the director is undercutting his own message with distracting choices.

I have kept myself off the internet since I saw it, so I'm not sure why the supporting cast is filled out with comedians. That's sure a decision, and maybe it makes a ton of sense, but I can't figure it out.

Damon is great, but nobody seems like they're trying too hard here.

There are some other weird things happening with the sound (to have internal dialog, basically, run over spoken lines) that I am not sure about. Actually, I remember that The Limey (also Soderbergh) had some similar decisions. We'll let it go.