Legacy

Legacy is a film that has an incredibly predictable plot and yet takes twists and turns with its tonal narrative. For example, at the start of the film, it seems like it's going to be a run-of-the-mill chick flick but soon develops into a full-blown murder mystery. Legacy is essentially a shitty murder conundrum masquerading as a slightly dark chick flick. Confused? So am I.

After a geeky, overweight rushee's death at a party at the hottest sorority on the campus, the three most popular girls, secretly lesbian Mai (Monica Lo), sexually promiscuous airhead Zoey (Madeline Zima, the only redeeming quality of this entire faeces-fest) and Sorority Captain, and totes most popular girl Lana Stephens (Haylie Duff, in an all-time career low) are all suspects. Legacy shows the girls' fight for innocence.

I think at some point Irving Rothberg realised that he was making the worst film of 2008 and had fun with it, particularly during the interrogation scenes, with bad-cop, good-cop and Tom Green (yep, wouldn't be a shitty movie without our favourite Tom Green) has a seriously overacted cameo. This actually ups the film's quality considerably, because now Rothberg isn't taking Legacy and its shitty script too seriously. That's the film's best part, for me. However, that still doesn't change anything.

One word? SHITTY!