Memories of Murder

Memories of Murder ★★★★★

I need a moment to process what I just watched, especially after what is one of the greatest endings I’ve ever seen...

Very rarely is a film this masterful and airtight created. Bong Joon-Ho has proven himself a master of the craft, garnering huge success internationally, most recently with his Korean language film Parasite DOMINATING the Oscars and review sites.

I’ve had an ongoing love affair with David Fincher’s true crime thriller Zodiac, I’ve long considered it the most engaging and thought provoking piece of cinema I’ve ever experienced, and when I discovered Memories of Murder, and the fact that it directly inspired Fincher to create Zodiac... well I needed to see it.

Since it’s not widely available to stream, and the Blu Ray runs an absurd 1,000 USD in online stores, I’m assuming most people pining after Parasite have not seen this...

but believe me when I say,

You are not ready for this....

With a TBA re-release by the same distributor of Parasite, Memories of Murder will finally be readily available and whether in a theater or home video... this is a must see.

It’s not as polished and crisp as Parasite, and thankfully so, but I’m convinced that this is Bong Joon-Ho’s masterpiece. I have yet to see Mother or Snowpiercer, but I cannot fathom anything topping this. I have not been more moved and entertained by a film since I first saw Zodiac. This is that and much much more.

This movie has pitch perfect comedy, the drop kicking bit never failed to make me laugh. The kill scenes were downright chilling, the first one was terrifying, and the tension throughout the movie was in all perfect. This is a passionate film from a man whose talent comes so naturally, and shows through every frame of his films.

This is why I love film. I’ve seen so many movies, yet I’m excited and utterly dumbfounded that I can still experience something like this for the first time.

This is one of the greatest thrillers I’ve ever seen.

✨100/100✨