Children of the Corn IV: The Gathering ½

When you take the corn out of Children Of The Corn, you're gonna have a bad time...

This installments up-and-coming actress you can't believe was in a Children Of The Corn film is Naomi Watts... And that's pretty much the only interesting thing about this pile of garbage. Centered around the a disease the newly distributed corn can cause established in two and three (I'm actually surprised at the narrative consistency, but give them no credit whatsoever for it considering how they used it), a small down's children gradually become sick, have their teeth fall out, renounce their identities, and give their blood to help resurrect the original evil that was killed in the corn (clearly ripping off the A Nightmare On Elm Street origin story). That main evil child is seen sparingly as a ghostly presence controlling various blades and appearing in probably a dozen different dream sequences, while the town's children slowly become evil as their doctor visits are chronicled... This film is so aggressively boring that I'm actually going to raise my ratings for II and III half a star after seeing it and now realizing that the entertainment they gave me is absolutely not a given for this franchise. The Gathering finally explains the origins of the corn's evil, but after hearing it, I think it was better left unexplored. This is one of the worst films I've ever seen, and I'm now dreading the rest of this franchise.

Dov liked these reviews