Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation ½

This film... This is a film that exists, and a museum needs to be built in honor of that... Like, there's a legitimate chance that once film has been around several more centuries and galleries are build for the medium, Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation will be displayed for being decades ahead of the surrealism sub-genre it will one day influence. Similar to Leatherface, Next Generation is technically a sequel to the events of the first and minor versions of the second and third, but with this family responsible rather than what we saw, and good Lord this family in this film would've done it differently. For some reason both Renee Zellwegar and Matthew McConaughey are in this film trying their hardest to make this thing watchable. Director Kim Henkel sees this and says "they are quite talented. Let's see what happens if we surround them with the worst cast we're able to find... No no, don't just get random people off the street, hold auditions and cast the single worst performer the fits each role the least , that way when I give them the motivation of trying to make this film unwatchable, I can be positive they'll deliver". This film is a fight. It's Zellwegar and McConaughey trying their absolute hardest to make this film watchable, but they're outnumbered and taking hits left and right. It also doesn't help that this is one of the worst scripts I've ever heard performed. The dialogue is the primary problem, but everything else struggles as well. For example, apparently this family is responsible for killing JFK in whatever world this film exists in... Nothing anyone does makes any sense, and McConaughey has a steampunk metal leg for reasons only God knows. One of the worst films I've ever seen.