Space Jam: A New Legacy

Space Jam: A New Legacy

God, I love consuming content so much. Every time a delicious Warner Brothers IP surprise popped up on screen I got a bit more excited because I knew I was being rewarded for being a CINEPHILE™ and this PRODUCT delivered it all. A little kid may not get the Casablanca reference, but I did, and that boosted my fragile ego because I was being rewarded by this big corporate monolith for being an important consumer—unlike a little baby who wouldn’t understand the importance of being a CINEPHILE™. Again, don’t you just love consuming delicious content? I do! I live my life recognising references and it makes me happy. When I saw that thing I knew, I cheered because I knew it. That’s what good cinema is, stories that privilege those who say, “Yeah, I know that, therefore I’m smart.” I’m smart, so thanks Warner Brothers—I love you, you beautiful big corporate entity. Studios, listen up! MORE IP SURPRISES IN MOVIES. I’m going to go to sleep knowing that all the viewing I’ve done in my life has led me to Space Jam: A New Legacy—where I can continue in life knowing that I get references. Now, time to go to sleep and actually feel good about my life because I’m a CONSUMER. God bless Warner Brothers, and god bless Big Chungus.

Daniel liked these reviews