It Follows ★★★½

"I like you too, you know?"

It Follows is about a shapeshifting STD zombie that follows a bunch of teens who like to swim a lot.

Jokes aside.
I like that this film is very quiet and I really like the soundtrack. Gritty, noisy synths. That's my thing. Only way it would have been better was if Carpenter Brut would have made the soundtrack.
I enjoyed the film mostly for its atmosphere. I wasn't very fond of the characters, although I enjoyed seeing Keir Gilchrist again who I know from It's Kind of a Funny Story. A very personal film for me.
One of my biggest problems plotwise was the entire swimming pool scene. Without going into spoilers I'm just gonna say I didn't understand what the hell they thought would happen. I thought the entire plan was really weird and pretty dumb. Maybe that was deliberately so? I don't know. Didn't feel like it.

I am not at all as thrilled by this film like many of you are. To me it is a solid film with a really good atmosphere, a cool soundtrack and some neat visual details here and there (The ant in the pool; the grass on the leg...). But that's really it. I had a pretty good time but I'm not very excited about it nor do I expect myself to have the urge to rewatch it in the future.

Crawlspace Dweller Matt liked this review