Aziz Ansari: Right Now

Aziz Ansari: Right Now ★★★★★

This is how you comeback.

FUCK

Spike Jonze was a jarring choice to direct a comedy special, but his approach is 100% refreshing and Aziz is giving us his most honest, unflinching, intimate and hilarious special since "Buried Alive". I do agree that once he started doing the MSG special and writing that now doomed "Modern Romance" he admirably wrote, but people now despise because of his "allegations", he was getting a bit too persistent with his "feminist" viewpoint.

But now, since people think he's a perv(he's not), Aziz has no problem admitting his mistakes and that like all of us(well most of us, some people are just ruthless, especially in this era) is just human.

This is the sharpest Aziz has been in so goddamn long. His MSG special was incredibly disappointing, but this might very well be his best work. And his material shouldn't be spoiled for this, because Aziz has officially solidified himself as one of the most under appreciated and important comedians of his generation. Trust me, you'll be grateful to be surprised.

And this isn't another "liberal" comedian shitting on Trump the entire time, he actually barely mentions him at all. There's more to make fun of in 2019 people. And Aziz knows all the bullet points he needs to hit.

I know at the beginning it says "A Spike Jonze Film" and this isn't a film, but still, it's the best thing I've seen this year by far.

Just brilliant work. The best special since Chappelle's "The Bird Revelation".

Dustin Mason liked these reviews